Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hey, I'm back...

I'm back at the old pop stand, and for good reason: there is a new book on the way. It is my second collection of short stories and the title is, Like a Flower in the Field. It consists of twenty stories and two one-act plays.

Why now, and why this group of stories? Well, some of them have been hanging around for a long time. No story is ever finished, because it is too easy to make tweaks and "improvements." The truth is I've come to the point where I must get this pile off my desk in order to move on.

That's a little harsh, because there are some stories in the group that I really like. Actually, I guess I like all of them or I would have deleted them a long time ago. Anyway, I submitted my manuscript yesterday. For better or worse, there's no turning back.

I thought I'd invite you along for the ride. I plan to blog periodically as Like a Flower in the Field makes its way through the publishing process. The book will probably be released in May or June. There are many steps to be completed. Experience tells me it can (will?) be a bumpy ride.

That said, if at any point you want off the rollercoaster, just let me know. No harm, no foul.

So, here we go. The coaster is starting up that first incline. Everybody get your hands up and be ready to scream.

C.W. "Chuck" "Charlie" Spooner
_____

6 comments:

  1. Great to see this Kid Whisperer! Today, I asked Tyler to give me a quick quote of something that stuck when you were coaching him. He said; "Hit away and steal second!" I told him that sounds like great advice for all of life. Thanks again for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about you and wondered what was going on. Keep on doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So happy for you and the book. Can't wait to read. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I'm excited to read your posts, Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon as it's ready, I'd love to buy a copy. Please let me know when it's available.

    ReplyDelete